Our client are looking for a Head Business Development & Licensing. You will drive the following areas, licensing about 60 % and alliance management about 40 % of your time. Mergers & acquisitions are also part of the job when applicable. The position is based in Solna, Stockholm.
- Contribute to the overall process of management and business decision making to ensure that the organization maximizes its short-, medium- and long-term profitability and shareholder returns.
- Evaluate potential strategic transactions, including licenses, acquisitions, and transformational transactions.
- Effectively manage the transaction process (approach, opportunity assessment, due diligence, valuation, negotiations, deal structuring, closing process and integration planning) for key initiatives. Assemble and effectively utilize internal and external resources (as necessary) to ensure adequate support for each transaction.
- Develop an annual business development plan that identifies and prioritizes the most attractive opportunities in targeted areas. Develop and effectively manage a robust pipeline of deals; allocate resources to high-priority opportunities.
- Contribute to the development and creation, in partnership with the Executive Committee, of the corporate strategic plan for Oasmia.
- Provide input, guidance and direction to budgetary, strategic and operational planning processes related to business development activities. Periodically develop, review and prepare reports on the company’s business development activities for review with the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Cultivate and maintain productive relationships with biopharma companies, venture capitalists, investment bankers and industry experts.
- Develop and refine business development processes, tools and resources. Build analytical models, perform financial analyses and comprehensively value opportunities.
- Evaluate and provide insight into existing and new markets, products and technologies. Develop a solid business case for each transaction.
- Establish collaborative and effective relationships with CEO, senior leadership team, and key functions to ensure a free flow of information and ideas. Be collaborative, but challenge and test as required.
- Employ effective project management methodologies and organize cross-functional teams to support the transaction pipeline. Establish transaction milestones and ensure disciplined decision making using clear "go-no-go" criteria.
- Maintain a strong professional network and participate in relevant industry conferences. Continually seek competitive intelligence. Enhance the company’s profile in business development circles to position the company as a good deal partner.
12+ years of commercial experience within pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical industry
Preferrably from both large and small, international companies. Knows the science, clinical practices, market dynamics, competitive products, competitive selling strategies, etc. in domestic and international markets. Able to apply scientific and market knowledge to assess a product’s strategic fit, clinical viability and commercial value.
10+ years of transaction experience
Substantial and varied transaction experience from identification to negotiation and closing. Has played a key role in leading and supporting numerous in-licensing, out-licensing, strategic collaboration, commercial alliance and acquisition transactions. Brings a broad, well-maintained network of current and potential business partners, investment bankers, venture capitalists and industry executives.
5+ years of experience with specialty medicines
Within oncology therapy area preferred, not required.
Team leadership experience
Managing cross-functional teams and working collaboratively, cross-functionally and globally with Finance, Legal, Research & Development and Commercial.
Relevant Academic Degree
University degree MBA, M.SC. or corresponding relevant degree
Fluent in English in spoken and written language
If you are interested yourself och think you have an idea who would be the right candidate, please contact me.
You are welcome to submit your CV here