We are looking for a talented Research, Development and Manufacturing Specialist to a pharmaceutical company with facilities in Uppsala. The company is in a very exciting phase with major challenges and new opportunities.
- Support in the company’s important development work related to the company*s technology
- Plan and execute experimental work on formulation development of therapeutically important compounds. Interpret own results and report outcomes and conclusions to project development team. Document experimental findings and conclusions in reports.
- Develop, validate and transfer in various stages in product development and production processes. This may include methods for API:s, raw materials, intermediates as well as in-process testing methods.
- Write technical documents such as validation / qualification plans and reports, standard operating procedures, master batch records etc.
- Contract Manufacturing collaboration work to monitor and improve processes
- Manage change control, deviation/investigation work in relations to above responsibilities
- Maintain and meet the highest standards in quality and technical work
- Work in a team of 4 scientists and engineers, reporting to the head of RDM
- Several years of experience working with research and product development field in the pharma industry.
- Experience with cGMP manufacturing.
- Experience with working in a clean room environment and knowledge of aseptic working / aseptic technique.
- Good knowledge in freeze-drying processing is desirable
- Experience from formulation development
- Validation and qualification of equipment, manufacturing facilities, processes and methods
- Appreciates both the possibilities and challenges of a small and growing dynamic entrepreneurial company
- Ability to both work independently or as part of a multidisciplinary team sometimes with direct customer or supplier contacts, be self-motivated and have a positive attitude.
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. in Chemistry, biology, Pharmaceutical Sciences or closely allied life sciences discipline
Position and location
- The position is a permanent full-time employment, probationary period applies
- The position will be based in Uppsala, Sweden.
If you are interested, or know somebody who would be suitable, contact Jan Friberg, email@example.com mobile 0705 871228 and send your CV to