We are looking to recruit a Director/Manager for Business Development to be responsible for licensing and acquisition activities. This key position is critical to the success of the company.
You will be part of, and contributing to the overall development and value creation of the company. It is an entrepreneurial company where the people make the difference. The culture is open, engaging and caring.
The position will require travelling.
We are looking for a person that has both strong project management and analytical skills, a person with great drive and stamina that takes responsibility and drives for results, with the ability to build strong collaborations with external parties as well as colleagues.
This person will take an instrumental part in the development of the Company and the expansion that lies ahead. Our candidate needs to have the ability to communicate, collaborate and drive results. He/she is a self motivated and structured person that has a good understanding of the pharmaceutical industry.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
The Business Development Dir/Man will be:
- Perform market analysis and develop business case models, through own research and in collaboration with external advisors
- Lead licensing and acquisition activities, including project management of cross functional due diligences and creation of presentations for decision making by senior management and the board of directors
- Lead other internal corporate development projects
- Represent the Company and participate in partner meetings/conferences
Minimum Requirements –Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science/Master of Science degree in related discipline
- Deep expertise and broad experience from the pharmaceutical industry demonstrated in a variety of roles. Experience across the product life cycle
- Minimum 3 years’ experience from the pharmaceutical area
- o The title Manager is applicable
- o If more than 7-10 years, the title Director is applicable
- Proven ability to meet business goals and to assess business risk versus potential value; ability to understand global business requirements
- Experience of program management and use of project management techniques in complex projects, including financial modelling
- Proven ability to develop successful collaborations with external partners
- Strong strategic influencing skills; ability to influence broadly within and outside the organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - English
- Proven teamwork and ability to work collaboratively across a wide range of disciplines
- Track record of planning and delivery success
- Willingness and ability to travel
Beneficial expertise and experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of the commercial space such as marketing, pricing & reimbursement
- Experience in business development (in-licensing and out-licensing) and contracting
- Expertise and experience within oncology
The position is a permanent full-time employment, probationary period applies. The position will be based in the office in Stockholm.
For more information about the position please contact Jan Friberg, email firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile 070-5871228.
Please mail your application to