We are looking for a Global Medical Advisor to a Swedish pharma company with Head office in Stockholm. The company has about 40 employees and in the process of launching exciting new treatments globally.
The Medical Advisor will report to the Chief Medical Officer, and be based at the headquarters in Stockholm. International travels will be part of the job in order to work close to key opinion leaders, clinical researchers and the company´s sales country managers and sales teams.
This role includes continuous acquisition and dissemination of knowledge in the medical field that concerns the therapy and its components within the company, as well as working closely with the marketing and sales teams in the development of customer-facing medical and scientific messages. This requires good skills at critical reading and interpretation of publications in the area, and also interest in and skills in teaching. Further, the Medical advisor will take part in building partnerships with Key Opinion Leader and Advisor network. Experience from the pharmaceutical industry is important, as well as strong command of English, for business reasons, are central parts of the role. Communicative skills and eagerness to take part in the growth of the company are also very important.
· Contributing towards the global commercial plans, providing medical input to help achieve organizational goals
· Leading efforts within the company to keep abreast of latest scientific, disease state, and healthcare landscape information and using this information to provide value to both external and internal stakeholders
· Liaising and communicating up-to-date medical literature to relevant external groups to facilitate mention in medical guidelines, formularies to impact pricing and health economic discussions.
· Building and maintaining medical literature database, including dissemination and accessibility within the company
· Developing medically focused materials for dissemination, such as study summaries and medical information material
· Attending & participating in medical/scientific meetings & conferences for the purpose of maintaining clinical/scientific expertise & providing strategic insights within the company, into emerging scientific data & treatment/management trends
· KOL management, in collaboration with CMO
· Supporting Marketing and Sales Departments in both preparation and summary of national and international events and projects, for example congress activities, symposia and workshops.
· Taking part in the creation of the Global Brand and launch work, with focus on the medical and scientific content, in collaboration with relevant departments (Marketing, Sales, R&D)
· In the longer term, building a global medical science liaison team in parallel with the growth of the therapy and company
· University degree (Medical/Healthcare training or other Science-oriented)
· PhD or other documented significant research experience is meriting
· Experience from international work in the Pharmaceutical Industry
· Experience from ICU / work towards ICU is meriting
· Experience from direct KOL/physician contact
· Project leadership experience
· Ability to read, adequately interpret, condense and present scientific papers and medical literature
· Experience in leading project teams, including external parties like agencies and KOLs, delivering results timely and within budget.
· Open to work in an entrepreneurial organization, where ownership and own drive is of greatest importance.
If you are interested please submit your CV to If you have any questions you are welcome to contact Jan Friberg on firstname.lastname@example.org